Living Arrows: Week Two

This weeks Living Arrows submission is one I’ve posted previously on Instagram (you can join us here). This week is my first week back in the office so we popped out to the shops at the weekend to pick me up something to wear. You know the thing – something that wasn’t stained in sick, didn’t need washing and made me look fab (not fat).

After a successful shop, we decided to celebrate with lunch out before heading home. It’s the first time in a long time that we’ve attempted a restaurant as a trio; previously he’s always been too little to make it into the highchair and we’ve wolfed down our food in between bouncing him and keeping him entertained.

Armed with a million pots of pre-prepared food, we pulled up the highchair, sat him at the table with us and let him join in. It was lovely. Yes, it was messy and yes, he decided he’d had enough RIGHT at the moment our food arrived, but it felt like we could enjoy our first family meal out. It felt like an absolute ‘I am a parent’ moment.

Seven and a half months in and we’re finally starting to crack food. Albeit only the carrot crisps.

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you post one image from the week capturing your memory of it in a moment in time and sharing it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below!

Living Arrows

1. 13th January 2017 / 11:05 am

Beautiful photo. He is so cute! It’s lovely now they’re a bit older and can sit in the highchair and take part in the meal isn’t it? Hope work treated you well this week xx

13th January 2017 / 4:23 pm

It’s so lovely! I’m so glad we went down the baby led route, even though he’s not been the biggest eater, it’s nice to be able to give him bits of our meal and let him feed himself rather than us spoonfeeding it in! It did thanks, it was a bit of a shock to the system but mostly a good one x

2. 13th January 2017 / 2:56 pm

I love eating out with my two, it’s definitely an ‘I am a parent moment’ isn’t it 🙂 xx

13th January 2017 / 4:21 pm

So much so!! I have these moments when we do certain things, like a family walk, a family meal etc that just really drill it home that we’re our own little fam! Thanks for reading x

3. 13th January 2017 / 3:56 pm

I have started Living Arrows too! and really enjoy reading others post. Happy you managed a successful restaurant trip! xx

13th January 2017 / 4:20 pm

Thanks Jaymee, it’s a great series isn’t it? I’m enjoying it too!!

4. 13th January 2017 / 4:57 pm

The post is so great! I really love your blog:)

irinathayer.com

13th January 2017 / 11:01 pm

Thank you!! Thanks for stopping by x

5. 13th January 2017 / 7:56 pm

Oh how lovely! I loved taking our eldest out (now almost 3) for breakfast each weekend with my husband, but since Cruise arrived (a year old today!) we’ve not yet braved taking them both. Gorgeous photo too! X

13th January 2017 / 11:03 pm

Breakfast out is one of my favourite things to do! I don’t blame you, two sounds like harder work to control in a restaurant… one was stressful enough!!

6. 13th January 2017 / 8:15 pm

What a lovely photo! Meal times are so special when they can be apart of it ox

13th January 2017 / 11:02 pm

They really are! It’s not so easy at home because we have a separate kitchen and diner but when we’re out we can sit and enjoy without having to drag the highchair in and out of the ktichen each time!

7. 13th January 2017 / 10:58 pm

What a beautiful picture – I love Living Arrows – praying i can keep it up for the entire year! x

13th January 2017 / 11:01 pm

Me too. I know I’ll probably let it fall by the wayside but I really hope I don’t!

8. 14th January 2017 / 10:49 am

I remember those times well – trying to eat out with a tiny baby and always ending up stressed, frustrated and wishing we hadn’t bothered. But then those times when they actually ate with us – or at least sat and played whilst we ate. It was lovely when they made that transition. Here’s to many more meals out for you as a three! x

14th January 2017 / 1:23 pm

Up until now its always been more hassle than it’s worth but I think we’re starting to turn a corner and get a bit more confident that it won’t end in us paying to eat at speed and be stressed! Thanks for hosting x