Living Arrows: Week Nine

For this week’s Living Arrows update, I couldn’t not mention the beach. Me and the boy go quite regularly but it takes a little something special to make it down there as a whole family these days; the weekends are so short and we tend to centre our walks around places we can also exhaust the dog! Not so last weekend, we packed the coats in the car and headed off to Sidmouth beach for a bit of a promenade along the promenade – classy, no?!

Living Arrows Week 9. Family time at the beach with the baby

Once there, we bundled up in plenty of layers and fought over who should get to push the pram. Is it just me that finds it comforting to have something to hold on to these days?! Most of the walk was spent with myself on pushing duties whilst Dave raced ahead to pull faces back at us… something that was met with baby hysteria!! Daddy is DEFINITELY number one at the moment, if he’s at home then he’s the one required for all the carrying and hugging. It’s lovely to watch! Despite all my best attempts ‘Dada’ is uttered over and over without any sign of ‘Mama’ though, the traitor.

Living Arrows Week 9. Family time at the beach with the baby

We also updated the wardrobe this week; 6-9 month trousers look like pedal-pushers (still a thing?!) so we’ve had to invest and move up a size. Frankly, I barely needed the excuse given that the child has a far better wardrobe than either of his parents! The only thing is, the clothes are now a little large… the poor boy does have hands, I promise!

Living Arrows Week 9. Family time at the beach with the baby

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you post images from the week capturing your memory of it in a moment in time and sharing it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below or by clicking here!

Like this post? Pin it!

Living Arrows Week 9. Family time at the beach with the baby

1. 27th February 2017 / 9:56 am

Beautiful photos. You are so lucky living by the beach. (Us too!)
    Pedal pushers oh my! Soo B*Witched! I loved my Tammy girl pedal pushers! 😂

27th February 2017 / 7:51 pm

Me too – in there every weekend when I was 13! It’s lovely living by the water, isn’t it!

27th February 2017 / 7:51 pm

Thats the main reason I wanted to take part in Living Arrows – it forces me to take photos!

2. 27th February 2017 / 12:42 pm

Gorgeous pictures of you all as always! Love Monkey’s new togs, especially his coat. I can relate to little one having a better wardrobe. Supermarket jeans for me and he’s sat there in a Joules coat ….

27th February 2017 / 7:52 pm

Tell me about it, in a set of supermarket jeans as we speak – they don’t even fit properly. These boys are putting us to shame already!

3. 27th February 2017 / 12:42 pm

Beautiful photos! Makes me want to move close to a beach. Although all our local ones aren’t even that pretty haha! ox

27th February 2017 / 7:53 pm

It’s lovely, we’re so lucky! You’ll just have to holiday at the beach instead!

4. 27th February 2017 / 3:32 pm

Hayley the last photo is absolutely gorgeous of you both! Sounds like you had a lovely day, and daddy sounds like he’d made me laugh too!!

27th February 2017 / 7:54 pm

Ahh thank you!! It was lovely, days like that make me feel like a proper family!

5. 27th February 2017 / 3:35 pm

Ah he is so gorgeous! Love this little coat, I had one like this for Alfie when he was a baby and I miss it, it was so lovely. We love a walk along the beach in the winter, there’s something so refreshing about it!

27th February 2017 / 7:55 pm

Definitely, it blows ALL the cobwebs out. Give me a beach in winter any day over a packed one in the summer! I think I have outfit envy to be honest!

6. 27th February 2017 / 5:21 pm

Ah I love a good beach walk. Unfortunately the last one we attempted was a) too close to the school run for a good walk and b) just before Doris hit so it was very windy and horrible!

27th February 2017 / 7:49 pm

Oh no, definitely not well timed!! You’ll have to reattempt at a better time! x

7. 27th February 2017 / 8:01 pm

I am so jealous! I love the seaside but we are about 2 hours away from our local one 🙁 Love the photos!

27th February 2017 / 8:02 pm

I know, we are ridiculously lucky! Although we have to drive for ages to get to anything else!!

8. 27th February 2017 / 10:31 pm

Ah I love Sidmouth and the whole East Devon coast 🙂

9. 28th February 2017 / 1:47 pm

What a gorgeous collection of shots, I love family trips out, they always make a place that extra bit special xx

28th February 2017 / 9:48 pm

Thank you! I love them too, it’s so nice to make those memories!

10. 28th February 2017 / 7:26 pm

Gorgeous photos! You can’t beat that beach light, it’s just magic! I remember my son taking forever to say Mummy too – he’d been saying Dada for so long. Then one day I noticed him saying ‘Bebe’ to me a lot and it became clear that was his ‘mummy’. It did eventually morph into Mummy and now I can’t stop him saying it! #LivingArrows

28th February 2017 / 9:46 pm

Ohhhh that’s such a cute story!! Right, now I’m listening out for other words too… he says ‘Ba’ a lot but I think that’s at the dog (Bella). Typical!

11. 1st March 2017 / 2:49 pm

We live so far from a beach that we never go unless it’s the height of summer! This looks like a great trip and I used to love it when the children loved up to a new size of clothes – a whole new wardrobe! x

1st March 2017 / 6:38 pm

His wardrobe changes are FAR too exciting for me, it can’t be healthy!

12. 5th March 2017 / 10:57 pm

It looks like a lovely place for a walk – we live near the sea but hardly ever go to the beach, we’re not big fans of the sand! I totally know what you mean about the clothes too – my boys have way better clothes than me! #LivingArrows

6th March 2017 / 9:26 am

I don’t blame you – sand drives me potty!! Thankfully most of the ones around here are proper pebble beaches, once you’ve made it through the agony of attempting to walk on them, they’re lovely! Thanks for reading x