Living Arrows: Week Thirteen

I’m writing this in between groaning on the sofa having eaten far too much. It’s Sunday night, Mothering Sunday to be precise, and I’ve been well and truly spoilt… I’m exhausted! Like most parents, we started the day far too early due to the clocks changing which rather put a stop to the hoped for lie-in but it did mean we got plenty of time to fit everything in.

Yesterday was my first Mother’s Day. Cleverly, my son managed to cook me a pancake breakfast in bed, order chocolates, flowers and a bottle of fizz, pick a lovely necklace and write a card… what can I say, he clearly takes after his mother. I said before that all I really wanted for the day was him to say ‘Mama’ and he’s started it this week. So that was what greeted me this morning; gifts, food and a baby calling my name. Bliss.

Pancake Breakfast in Bed

Having spent the morning visiting Nanny and playing in the garden, we went over to Sidmouth for lunch at a newly refurbished hotel. I’ll admit to being ridiculously nervous about making a ten month old sit through a three course meal, especially when my attempts to get him to sleep in the car were thwarted by my Dad playing games with him. Still, I needn’t have worried. He played happily around our feet at the start before moving on to eating all the bread on the table in between taste testing our meals at the same time. Afterwards we took a trip out onto the patio to take in the sunshine where he continued to show off his walking. He’s not quite there just yet but he’s now pretty confident walking with just the slightest finger hold.

First Steps - Baby Walking

Look out world, he’s coming (soon)!

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you post images from the week capturing your memory of it in a moment in time and sharing it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below or by clicking here!

1. 27th March 2017 / 8:16 am

I’m so glad you had a fantastic first Mother’s Day. I am so proud of Monkey for being so confident in his walking. It won’t be long before he’s toddling all over the shop. Stop growing Monkey!

#LivingArrows

29th March 2017 / 8:44 pm

It makes my heart ache!!!

2. 27th March 2017 / 12:01 pm

Sounds like the ideal Mother’s Day to me! You’ll definitely remember this one 🙂 He’ll be off walking on his own very soon!
    Sidmouth is lovely x

3. 27th March 2017 / 1:30 pm

Hurrah for saying Mama! It’s such a special milestone (and one my son made me wait absolutely ages for!) You’re a braver lady than me – my one request for Mother’s Day was not having to go to a restaurant (I got my wish!) I love the walking shot – it looks like he’ll be ready to let go any day now… #livingarrows

4. 27th March 2017 / 3:01 pm

Oh look at him!! He’s coming along so well and growing up too fast!! #livingarrows

5. 27th March 2017 / 7:24 pm

What a gorgeous view from the hotel. So glad you got your wish and he called you Mama for mother’s day. Looks like you’ll be chasing him around in no time too! #livingarrows

6. 27th March 2017 / 9:51 pm

Ah, it won’t be long and he’ll be off running #livingarrows

7. 30th March 2017 / 10:12 am

It looks like you had the most perfect Mothers Day – and the lunch sounds lovely. So glad he was a star throughout x

8. 31st March 2017 / 10:22 pm

What a brilliant mother day present having him hit that milestone and hearing him saying “Mama” for the first time!x #LivingArrows

9. 2nd April 2017 / 5:54 pm

Sounds like a brilliant Mothering Sunday, I always worry in restaurants too! Looks like he’s doing great with his walking. Stunning location.