Living Arrows: Week Sixteen

Gosh, what a lot of choccy! I’m typing this in a sugar-induced haze so forgive me if I leap around a lot! This week we’ve been doing plenty of walking. It’s safe to safe we officially have a toddler on our hands! What started as a few steps just over three weeks ago has progressed into a drunk-style waddle across the room punctuated by screams of delight. I’ve got no idea how he manages it, it looks the most unstable thing in the world! Whether it’s chasing the dog at our house, running in circles around the breakfast bar at my parents or wobbling around the garden, he’s off. Gulp. My baby is gone.

living arrows week sixteen

Obviously this week has been Easter which has meant extended family time for us. Our building work edges closer (the conservatory is now gone) and the big sort out continues to loom. We’re also finally getting around to having a christening in a couple of weeks time, there’s so much to do and so little time! This weekend we’ve kept ourselves firmly in denial about it all and went shopping. We wanted to find something for me to wear to the Christening and new work shoes for Dave, we came back with baby clothes galore… typical! For someone who doesn’t enjoy shopping, he sure does well out of it. At least we got to enjoy a yummy meal out together, complete with a colouring set to destroy!

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you post images from the week capturing your memory of it in a moment in time and sharing it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below or by clicking here!

Like this post? Pin it!

Living Arrows- Week Sixteen

1. 17th April 2017 / 9:23 am

I’m just the same whenever I need to buy clothes for myself. I always end up buying something for Little M instead! We need to have a sort out too. We thought our house had plenty of room to grow when we bought it, but we feel like we’ve run out of space already! #LivingArrows
    Jules Pondering Parenthood recently posted…Living Arrows 16/52My Profile

17th April 2017 / 10:15 am

Where does the space go?! Our house is huge – there are atleast three rooms we don’t use on a day to day basis and yet it’s still full!!!! I’m equal parts dreading the clear out and loving the idea!

17th April 2017 / 10:13 am

It’s great isn’t it? I mean he spent most of the time throwing them around/eating them but I enjoyed a little colouring before my food!

2. 17th April 2017 / 12:41 pm

I swear it’s so much easier to buy baby clothes than it is to shop for yourself! I’m exactly the same, can never find anything I like for me, but come home with armfuls of clothes for my son. I love that shot of him holding what must be all the crayons – looks like he’s managed to do some advanced colouring in there too! #livingarrows
    Katy – Hot Pink Wellingtons recently posted…Living Arrows 16/52My Profile

17th April 2017 / 1:20 pm

Who knew he was that good at colouring?! Literally every single crayon going… followed by just emptying his hands over the floor, those poor pencils are never going to sharpen up again!! x

3. 17th April 2017 / 3:09 pm

I haven’t seen a piccy of his face in a while, what an absolutely gorgeous boy he is. He is such a mini-gent now!

Well done on the walking to D’Marcus, just in time to cut the grass in the summer! I hope his fascination with the coffee table has ended now he can chase the dog!

Hope you’re taking on more chocolate at regular intervals, Dev, wouldn’t want your sugar levels getting low 😛 x

17th April 2017 / 8:33 pm

Ahhh thanks Nic, he’s growing up so quickly it’s terrifying!! The lawnmower is a great idea, I’ll just swap out his walker for the lawnmower and he’ll be off… perfect!

20th April 2017 / 9:07 pm

It’s so funny, he holds his arms really rigidly out to the front as well!!

20th April 2017 / 9:00 pm

ALL over the floor! Was there ever going to be any other ending?! He’s a magpie that child!! x

4. 17th April 2017 / 10:48 pm

Such a wonderful milestone to master when they start walking unassisted. Eco was 11.5 months old when he took his first steps and can totally relate to being somewhat sad at the baby they once we’re fading with each day that passes. x #LivingArrows

20th April 2017 / 9:01 pm

Such a happy/sad moment all at the same time!! Now he’s off there’s no stopping him though! x

20th April 2017 / 9:21 pm

He’s forever toddling around now with handfuls of things… apparently it’s his new thing!

5. 23rd April 2017 / 11:02 pm

Oh yay! Congratulations on the walking … im trying to delay it here. In fact all of it and keep him as a baby forever!!! Hope you managed to find a nice outfit as well as the baby clothes #LivingArrows x
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Living Arrows 17/52 {2017}My Profile

24th April 2017 / 11:00 am

I tried slowing him down but short of breaking his legs (frowned upon), it wasn’t happening! Where has my baby gone?!?! I found nothing, now I’m living in blissful denial about how much work I’ve got to do before Sunday and the fact I’ve got nothing to wear!