Living Arrows: Week Nineteen

As I write this I can’t quite believe that the next Living Arrows post I do will go live on my baby’s first birthday. I don’t want to sound like a stereotypical parent, oh sod it, I do… where did the time go?! This week will entirely be spent sobbing into my baby’s hair (I refuse to call him a toddler just yet!) and hiding in a corner refusing to acknowledge the passing of time. Clearly I have issues.

It feels like every week I talk about huge changes and milestones and this week is no different, we kicked off the week with buying his first pair of big boy shoes. Since then have spent every moment using them outside! A big change has kicked off at our house and we’ve got the builders on site. It’s meant that although I have to spend my home days studiously avoiding the topless youths in the garden, I no longer have to entertain my child (or the dog for that matter). Instead he spends his time peering out of the catflap at them or banging on the patio doors until they wave back at him. It’s good for him to have a hobby, right?

Living Arrows Week Nineteen

This weekend we visited Pecorama; a local attraction based around model trains. We rode the train for the first time (his face said he was unimpressed), attacked the soft play and explored the gardens. For a little person, he has very little fear. He’s quite happy to toddle around without a backward glance for us, especially if there are bigger children to stare at! This photo is my favourite of the day, my little explorer in the play park we had to ourselves.

x

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you capturing your memory of the week in a moment in time and share it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below or by clicking here!

1. 8th May 2017 / 9:40 am

That first year passes in the blink of eye doesn’t it ! Loving his big boy shoes, there’s no stopping him now. #LivingArrows

8th May 2017 / 9:48 am

It’s gone SO quickly and yet I can’t imagine life without him these days! Definitely no stopping him, although they have slowed him down momentarily while he adjusts (thank goodness!!)

2. 8th May 2017 / 11:33 am

Ooh big boy shoes are such a big milestone! The years do fly by so, so quickly.. there’s still so much exciting stuff to come though! xx

8th May 2017 / 12:03 pm

I know, I both LOVE him changing and growing up but also hate it!! He loves them, it’s so funny watching him try and master the slightly bigger feet he’s got with them on!

3. 8th May 2017 / 12:38 pm

I forever find myself saying, “Where did the time go?” Don’t think I quite appreciated just how quickly time passes until I had children!

Hope your little one has a lovely first birthday x

8th May 2017 / 2:52 pm

Ahhh thank you, I know, do they hit a fast forward button when they pop out?! It’s crazy!

4. 8th May 2017 / 1:01 pm

I love how confident he has got since he started nursery! BYAZZZZZ Mum and Dad, thanks for the car ride, I’m off to explore!

I can’t yet imagine how you feel about him turning one, Dev. He’s not even mine and I look at these pictures of him wondering how he got so grown up already. Doesn’t seem like five minutes ago we were discussing the start of the weaning process. MADNESS.

I can’t wait to see what you guys get up to next week, oh and can we have a Grand Designs style post on the house please, so nosy 🙂

8th May 2017 / 2:54 pm

Ahhh I know!!!! I feel the same about RLT, honestly what happened to these boys?! I’ve planned to make a cake but god only knows what that will turn out like! Will definitely take some house photos, so far it’s 90% mud… yay! x

5. 8th May 2017 / 1:21 pm

We’ve just had to get Isla her first pair of shoes too! Can they stop growing up please?

I’d love to see a photo of your little one peering out the catflap!

#LivingArrows

8th May 2017 / 2:52 pm

I’ll take one, he’s obsessed! That and the patio doors, I’ve tried shutting the curtains so both us and builders can studiously ignore each other but it just eggs him on! Why do they grow so quickly?!?!

6. 8th May 2017 / 5:20 pm

Noooooo – he can’t be one already?!?!?! Do they not realise that growing up this quick has us terrified! He’s looking gorgeous as usual though #livingarrows

8th May 2017 / 8:49 pm

I know!!!! Genuinely WHERE DOES TIME GO?!!?! I’m starting to think this one is faulty and is growing up far too fast! Thanks lovely x

7. 8th May 2017 / 10:00 pm

Having builders around is great for entertaining kids, the same as being on a farm! We’ve been to Pecorama too – great seeing all the trains, and fab playground. #livingarrows

9th May 2017 / 10:16 pm

Maybe we need to move to a farm once the builders have left… it’s worth it for the cheap entertainment!!

8. 9th May 2017 / 12:53 pm

Pecorama sounds awesome and something Troy would love – he adores trains! That first year just goes so quickly doesn’t it?! x

9th May 2017 / 10:13 pm

It’s lovely! A nice old-fashioned style day out!

9. 11th May 2017 / 4:41 pm

I’ll let you in on a secret: It won’t get any better! Amy has just turned 6 and I don’t know what it was but it felt like a massive milestone to me. Probably, because they start school aged 6 here in Germany.

Your little man looks adorable in his little outfit. I hope you have a magical day for his birthday x #livingarrows

12th May 2017 / 10:31 pm

Oh no!! I can’t cope with this for the rest of my life! Eeek I hope school goes well. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

10. 14th May 2017 / 10:44 pm

Aww, he’s so cute – I hate to say it but he looks older than one already! Maybe it’s because neither of mine walked until they were 15 months so I always think walking babies look older 🙂 #LivingArrows

14th May 2017 / 10:54 pm

WAhhhh don’t say that about my baby, I want to keep him tiny FOREVER!! x

11. 15th May 2017 / 11:03 pm

My littlest has recently started wearing shoes and walking. It really does make them grow up all of a sudden. What a sweet boy. I had to laugh about ‘topless youths’, I find things like that so awkward! #LivingArrows

18th May 2017 / 12:02 pm

So much more grown up! It’s amazing and horrible at the same time! Oh god the topless youths… I genuinely don’t know where to look. I’ve never felt like more of a mum in my life, my husband wanted me to offer them suncream one day because he was worried about them burning!