Living Arrows: Week Twenty Two

It’s the bank holiday and as I sit here looking out at the rain, it feels like the heat of the last week was a lifetime ago already. Today we’re off to the River Cottage Food Fair and despite the wet weather, I’m excited. Last year we’d bought tickets but ended up being rushed to A&E with a two week old. This year, that two week old is now a toddler and he’s full of beans. He’s even slept through the last two nights… hurrah!

Living Arrows Week Twenty Two

This week we’ve been outside at every possible opportunity. If it’s not the park, it’s the garden or off out for a walk… anything to soak up the sunshine and get out of the house. I’ve been trying out some of the new summer wardrobe, having recently bought half of Zara Baby, and we’ve embraced the sleeveless vest and nappy look in a big way. The best bit has been being able to let him roam free on the grass (even if he does gravitate to the mud) and watching him get mucky. There’s something lovely about a slightly grubby summer baby, isn’t there? This shot is from Saturday when we unexpectedly ended up walking along the canal to Turf Locks and spending the afternoon eating and drinking there. Recently that finger has been out in full force, pointing at everything and this just sums up his slightly bossy, chatty personality at the moment.

Living Arrows Week Twenty Two

It seems that eating out has been a theme to our week. We managed to find a babysitter this week and headed over to a local steak place for dinner. Of course, it being Devon, it wouldn’t have been right to celebrate a sunny summer’s evening without a quick drink on the beach first! Sitting there, child free, we reminisced about how much our lives have changed over the last few years… isn’t it funny how a beer and the sunshine can put you in the mood for memories?! Well I say beer, somehow I ended up on the Desparados!

Living Arrows Week Twenty Two

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you capturing your memory of the week in a moment in time and share it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below or by clicking here!

1. 29th May 2017 / 8:35 am

Beautiful photos as always. Super jealous of the beer on the beach, I reckon you’d get an ASBO if you tried that here! Enjoy the festival today.

#LivingArrows

31st May 2017 / 9:20 am

WHATTTT?! You live in the wrong part of the world my friend. Come to Devon. We’re all about the beach based activities….

2. 29th May 2017 / 10:57 am

Two nights sleeping through with no feeds? You must feel like a new woman! Glad to see you got to make the most of the week and have an amazing day at River Cottage Food Fair. So jealous!

30th May 2017 / 10:00 pm

Two nights and then he’s back to waking up again!!! Clearly he didn’t get the memo!

3. 29th May 2017 / 12:28 pm

We’ve been making the most of being outside this week too – you’ve got to while it lasts! I’m with you, there’s nothing better than a slightly grubby baby in summer, it shows they’re having a great time! You make me wish I lived nearer the beach though, a beer on the beach always tastes better I think! #livingarrows

31st May 2017 / 9:20 am

I think so too, nothing beats a bit of dirt!!! Beach beers definitely taste better, I’m not sure why but I know it’s a scientific fact!

4. 29th May 2017 / 3:09 pm

I miss those beers at the beach days! So glad you got to enjoy one sans kids before the weather turned! And I absolutely agree about the grubby summer babies – I love it. Then again with Henry I don’t get much choice! #LivingArrows

30th May 2017 / 9:59 pm

It feels like a completely different life doesn’t it?! I felt like a naughty schoolgirl sat there! We don’t get much choice either… boys eh?!

5. 30th May 2017 / 2:30 pm

Sounds like a nice week – especially the child free steak dinner!

30th May 2017 / 9:58 pm

It was LOVELY! Ate far far far too much though!!

6. 1st June 2017 / 7:40 pm

You’re so right, a muddy little face in the summer is the sweetest! Yay to the sleep too x

3rd June 2017 / 8:37 pm

It’s SO lovely. Also a little gross how disgustingly mucky he gets!

7. 3rd June 2017 / 9:56 am

I love living by the sea too, it’s my absolute happy place and there’s no nicer place to be on summer evenings. Plus, yay for child-free time with friends… #livingarrows

3rd June 2017 / 8:21 pm

It’s my happy place also, there’s something so nice about being able to escape to the beach!

8. 4th June 2017 / 8:53 am

Oh look at that weather! Loving the cloudy sky backdrop for his photos – beautiful! x

4th June 2017 / 11:49 am

IT was gorgeous, shame it’s not quite so lovely today!!

9. 4th June 2017 / 7:23 pm

Aww Kippers pointing at everything too at the moment normally indicating to go and get it for him!! Great photo of you on the beach! We are totally the same on that rare chance of going out without the kids … although we reminisce it’s funny as we wouldn’t go back given the chance! Hope the weather is good to you this week xx #LivingArrows

5th June 2017 / 9:26 am

Yup, the point is on!!!! Such a demanding child now he can point and make noises at things, I think he’s getting even more frustrated than normal!