Living Arrows: Week Three

It’s a bit of a cheat but this week I’m adding two photos to our Living Arrows feature. We had a pretty laid back weekend as this week has been hectic with work, nursery and an onslaught of teeth. It feels like we’ve spent the week rushing around in a haze of tiredness and stress so it was great to have a quiet (metaphorically – he’s eight months old, it’s never truly quiet!) weekend to just revel in each other.

As ever, when Daddy plays, every toy comes out and the ball pool was relegated to the conservatory, minus the balls. Monkey’s face lights up when he plays with his Dad; he’s thrown around, dens are made and lots and lots of giggles are heard. It’s one of my favourite things to just sit back and watch,

Living Arrows Week 3

When I see him up and about like this, I can’t get over the speed at which he’s growing. It’s a cliche for a reason but it really does fly past. Gone are the days when he wants to curl up on me, instead he wants to be stood at every opportunity.

His favourite place to stand is at the sofa. When he was younger, we’d prop him up on a cushion there to allow his natural inquisitiveness to be sated by the world outside. Seeing this photo makes my heart hurt; that little baby isn’t there any more. He doesn’t need a pillow to stand on or a hand to help keep him steady. He’s growing up quite literally before my eyes.

Living Arrows Week 3

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you post one image from the week capturing your memory of it in a moment in time and sharing it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below!

Living Arrows

16th January 2017 / 9:20 pm

Isn’t he? I can’t get over how big these babies of ours are getting. Starting to terrify me slightly!!

16th January 2017 / 9:20 pm

Yep, think it’s a dad thing! We get to be the boring strict ones and they get to come in and have all the fun times…

1. 16th January 2017 / 1:39 pm

Beautiful photos! It’s a weird feeling when they start to not need you anymore isn’t it? On one side, your happy their growing up and becoming independent – But on the other, your terrified that their growing up and becoming independent! Haha.

16th January 2017 / 9:19 pm

So weird, I think you’ve coined it though.. that horrible balance between wanting them to grow up and not wanting them too! I’m torn!

16th January 2017 / 9:09 pm

It’s a great idea, isn’t it? So lovely to be able to look back on, I’m hoping to stick to it this time as well!

2. 16th January 2017 / 3:04 pm

Awh that’s lovely. Its great to have these memories documented. It’s mad how quickly they grow. (My little one (at 14 months old) has moved to climbing up the couch onto the window ledge in the bay window).

16th January 2017 / 9:06 pm

Isn’t it? I feel like it’s happened overnight. Oh no, I’m hoping he’ll stop his obsession with wanting to climb things soon… how do you stop them killing themselves through recklessness?! Send tips.

3. 16th January 2017 / 8:29 pm

Gorgeous! I might be a little biased, but I can’t believe how much he’s changing…Mr A is the same when he takes charge of play time though, bricks and books everywhere, it’s chaos!

16th January 2017 / 9:05 pm

Far too quickly for my liking! These boys, eh? It’s almost like they don’t have to tidy up after themselves…

20th January 2017 / 10:14 am

I love putting him in bright colours!

4. 17th January 2017 / 5:48 pm

Wahhaaaa I finally know the little man’s name! It is Monkey, you let it slip!
    Nicola recently posted…RLT at seven monthsMy Profile

20th January 2017 / 10:13 am

Darn – I guess the secret’s out… Monkey D’Marcus.