Living Arrows: Week Fifteen

And so into April we go! The countdown is now officially on until a big birthday next month, I can’t believe my baby will be one. This time last year I was clinging to the last few weeks of working and thinking he’d be here any day. Little did I know he’d keep us waiting quite so long! I’m loving keeping a track of his weekly achievements and have decided at the end of the year to print these all out. The poor child can read my ramblings forever then.

This week we’ve been dealing with teething (him) and conjunctivitis (me), so we’ve all felt a little sorry for ourselves. Thankfully the beautiful weather has allowed us to have plenty of time out. We’ve had our first beach picnic of the year, explored the local cafes in the sun and spent a day out at Bicton Botanical Gardens – even if he did sleep through most of it!

Living Arrows Week 15

The best bit of this week though has to be an unexpected quiet day on Friday. Usually our days together are jam packed to make up for being at work half the week. At the last minute, all plans got cancelled so we decided to take a walk down to the village park. We had the entire place to ourselves, so we had a play on the swings, a crawl in the grass and a makeshift picnic. It made me realise how rare it is we take an outing just us two, unless it’s to do boring jobs! I must change that!

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you post images from the week capturing your memory of it in a moment in time and sharing it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below or by clicking here!

Like this post? Pin it!

Living Arrows Week Fifteen

10th April 2017 / 10:44 am

I know!! Where did that year go?!?!?

1. 10th April 2017 / 8:23 am

A trip to the swings in the nice weather is lovely isn’t it!?

10th April 2017 / 10:43 am

It’s the best!!

10th April 2017 / 10:43 am

They always sneak up don’t they!

2. 10th April 2017 / 11:31 am

Glad you got to spend some impromptu time in the swings. We don’t often get days to sit back and smell the flowers and appreciate all that we have as life is so fast paced (I type as I’m sat in bed whilst the little one sleeps, lolz), make the most of days like that, Dev. The world of work, diets and other people’s crap are so far away in those moments x

10th April 2017 / 12:03 pm

Those moments are the best – especially if you’re in bed having them!

3. 10th April 2017 / 2:05 pm

I had to stop myself from laughing at points of this post, as our weeks were so similar. My little one is one next month too, and she has been teething this last week as well….though she’s the one with conjunctivitis not me…and I’m hoping I don’t get it either! We also visited a Botanical Garden this week…but went to Kew rather than Bicton!

#LivingArrows
    Sophie Durrans recently posted…Living Arrows 15/52My Profile

12th April 2017 / 8:44 pm

Ha!! Are we twins now?!!? Poor little girl, teething AND conjunctivitis, that’s brutal! Hope she’s feeling better now! Not sure what we’re up to this weekend, perhaps you could send me your plans and we’ll use those?! I figure we’d probably love them!!

4. 10th April 2017 / 4:52 pm

Hope the eye is a little better now. I am loving these sunny days meaning we can get out more.

#LivingArrows
    Nicola recently posted…Happy Birthday to Me #31My Profile

12th April 2017 / 8:44 pm

It is thanks Nic, although now I have a killer sore throat. This child is killing me with all his bugs!! Hope you’re feeling better too x

5. 11th April 2017 / 1:59 pm

There’s nothing like having the park to yourself, is there? My son loves not having to worry about sharing / waiting for other children and I love not having to police him! So lovely to have a quiet day every now and again. #livingarrows
    Katy – Hot Pink Wellingtons recently posted…Living Arrows 15/52My Profile

12th April 2017 / 8:42 pm

It was lovely!! He’s not old enough to use much but it was just nice to not have to worry about other children bashing into him (or being noisy!!) x

6. 11th April 2017 / 10:35 pm

We’re going through teething here as well and it is terrible, I can’t imagine how much worse it would be if I was feeling unwell so I feel for you. Blue skies and trips to the park make most things better though. Hope you’re both feeling better now x #LivingArrows
    Amy @ Very Much So recently posted…Letter to my Former Selves | 6th AprilMy Profile

12th April 2017 / 8:41 pm

We are, thank you lovely!! Teething is the pits!!!! I can’t believe we’ve got another year of this at least!! Poor little babes!! x

7. 12th April 2017 / 3:51 pm

Glad u enjoyed the blue sky’s and lovely weather shame to hear u have been struggling with teething and also have conjunctivitis yourself that sucks.

12th April 2017 / 8:24 pm

Thank you! It does but luckily the eyes are better, teeth are another matter!

8. 15th April 2017 / 9:53 am

Sounds like you guys had a lovely day, some times the quieter days are the best. I hope you’re feeling better soon!!
    Babies and Beauty recently posted…I AM MORE THAN MUMMy Profile

9. 15th April 2017 / 3:57 pm

I actually love it when plans get cancelled. I love an unexpected free day! It sounds like it’s just what you both needed – I hope the teething isn’t too bad and that your conjunctivitis has passed now x
    Donna recently posted…Siblings {April 2017}My Profile

17th April 2017 / 7:16 am

It turned in to a lovely day, completely threw me off track though to start with!! Can you plan to be unplanned?!

10. 16th April 2017 / 3:09 pm

Kipper turns one next month too! I was thinking ti myself the other day that I was doing exactly the same last year too! We very rarely make it to the park always running around after his big brother! I’m aiming for a swing tomorrow now xx #LivingArrows
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Living Arrows 16/52 {2017}My Profile

17th April 2017 / 7:15 am

It goes so fast doesn’t it?! Good luck fitting in some swing time! x