Living Arrows: Week Four

This week in our Living Arrows series, I’m all about the stately homes. We spent the weekend in a castle (Bovey Castle to be precise) with a group from my work to celebrate the retirement of another director.  Whilst I managed to sneak in some baby-free spa time on Saturday, the boys came down in the mid-afternoon along with my sister aka. the babysitter.

After a lot of food and wine on Saturday evening, we spent yesterday enjoying the luxurious surroundings; plenty of swimming, more food and even a spot of afternoon tea! We took this photo outside on the grass just as the sun was starting to go down. The grounds at Bovey Castle are beautiful and it’s location on Dartmoor makes it truly fairy-tale-esque.

Living Arrows, Parenting

Monkey has just learnt to wave and spends the entire time waving at anyone and everyone, including his own reflection. He’s quick to smile and relatively even tempered, happy to be off exploring and always eager to be a part of things. This image captured him mid-way through a wave with a rare glimpse of his teeth if you look closely! We’ve had a hell of a time with all four top ones coming through at once but things have calmed and my bubbly boy is back!

Living Arrows is the brainchild of Donna at What the Redhead Said. Each week, you post one image from the week capturing your memory of it in a moment in time and sharing it with the world. You can follow our journey over the next year by subscribing below!

Living Arrows

1. 23rd January 2017 / 11:44 am

what a gorgeous pic! I imagine the hotel will be requesting to use this on their website immediately as it makes them look so baby friendly!

24th January 2017 / 10:26 pm

Ahhh thank you!! He’s totally hotel website ready here….

2. 23rd January 2017 / 8:33 pm

Looks beautiful and what a lovely photo #marvmondays

3. 24th January 2017 / 2:10 pm

What a lovely idea!
    I’m going to Devon in the Summer and will get and get to Bovey Castle.
    Oh And I can totally sympathise with the teething situation, I’m on night three of zero sleep also due to the little blighters breaking through

24th January 2017 / 10:05 pm

You poor thing – I can sympathise! Ooooh you really should, it’s so beautiful there. Even just walking in the grounds is breath-taking. If not, you should at least head to Dartmoor!

4. 24th January 2017 / 8:25 pm

How cute! I can’t wait for Benjamin to learn to wave! Xx

5. 24th January 2017 / 8:39 pm

Oh Hayley your photos are always stunning, he’s such an absolute beauty and I’m glad you managed some me time, by god we need it!

6. 24th January 2017 / 9:13 pm

Oh my goodness this castle looks amazing! And I’m so jealous of your baby-free spa time, its so important to have a little time for yourself once in a while. I’ll definitely jot it on my list to check out for when I come down to Devon (I am planning a trip but when it happens, I have absolutely no idea haha!) xx
    Claire recently posted…10 Ways I’m #RockingMotherhoodMy Profile

24th January 2017 / 10:03 pm

Yes, come!!!!!

29th January 2017 / 4:15 pm

A definite treat – can’t remember the last time a spa was frequented!Thanks for hosting x

7. 26th January 2017 / 10:52 pm

Oh what a lovely photos. A cute smile #livingarrows

29th January 2017 / 4:14 pm

Thanks Emma!

8. 28th January 2017 / 11:16 pm

What a gorgeous picture, and what a lovely little escape! I love that you managed to get the boys and your sister down there to join you too 😉 Thanks for sharing this on #MarvMondays. Emily

29th January 2017 / 4:13 pm

It was lovely – perfect weather too! Any escape to sneak in a family getaway! Thanks for hosting x