It’s been a week since we came back from Crete and aside from a dodgy tan and some itchy mosquito bits, all traces of our time away seem to have disappeared into the ether. The oven-warm days spent around a pool teaching our child how to splash (he’s now got this nailed!) and the plateful after plateful of fresh, Mediterranean fare feel like a lifetime ago!
If you keep up with me on instagram then you’ll have seen that since our return I’ve been attempting to follow the Lean In 15/Bodycoach principles – more on that later this month – which requires plenty of reduced carb meals without the restrictions of calorie counting. That’s where this recipe comes into it’s own. It’s quick. It’s simple. It’s delicious. It’s totally within the Lean In 15 principles. It probably doesn’t need a recipe but still, here you go…
You will need:
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 3 ripe on-the-vine tomatoes – leave the tomatoes out on the side to come to room temperature for maximum tastiness
- Handful of capers
- 1/4 an onion
- 100g feta
- Olive oil
- Salt (to season)
- Olives – if this is your thing, I left them out as I’m not a fan!
- Chop the cucumber into 3-5mm slices and halve them (the chunkier the better)
- Quarter the tomatoes
- Slice the onion thinly and then cut into small chunks
- Dice the feta into 1cm cubes
- Put the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, feta, capers and olives into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt
- Toss the salad and sprinkle oregano over the top to taste
See… I told you it was easy!! A perfect holiday throwback that’s guilt free and full of flavour.
Well captured, got me craving for some bread soaking in the olive oil 😉 Greek salad rules!
I know! I wrote this up then had to make one for lunch… so good! Totally agree on the bread, damn you low carb diet!
Hahahaha! I’m right with ya 😉