When Life Gets In The Way

It’s been a week since my last post. That’s the longest break I’ve taken for the past few months. What happened? Life got in the way.

This last week has been hectic. We’ve experienced some massive highs and some real soul-destroying lows – often simultaneously. Ronan really nailed it when he said “Life is a roller coaster” (classic Ronan…). And amongst all that there just wasn’t time to blog. I wasn’t feeling it. I just couldn’t muster the enthusiasm.

What’s worse than a blogger with no enthusiasm? One that posts anyway. I didn’t want to be that person who forced myself into writing something inane just to fulfil my aim to post daily. So I took a break. Turned off the laptop. Immersed myself in Netflix, our house, my life.

life gets in the way

Here’s what’s been going on;

• The baby started crawling. Age 28(+6) weeks, he learnt to go forward. Incredible.
  • We got sick; lost voices, snotty noses, coughs and splutters. Sickness level in our household? High.
  • We went on (snotty) playdates galore – cousins, friends, baby group babies… the list was endless.
  • We visited the Christmas lights. Our local garden centre is renowned for it’s Christmas section. Safe to say it was a sensory overload – all that flashing and twinkling!
  • Messy play, baby sensory and swimming lessons – phew!
  • The baby moved into his own room. Now he can crawl and pull himself up, the Next To Me crib just isn’t safe. The cot doesn’t fit in our room so the baby moved out. I sobbed and sobbed. The husband was unmoved.
  • We attended our first Christening as a family of three when one of my cousins had their little boy Christened. It was lovely to catch up with family on a large scale and trade babies around!
  • We went to work for the day – there’s a lot going on with my work at the moment and I needed to go into the office one day this week. With no babysitters on hand, we packed up and spent the morning in various meetings which thankfully were fairly meltdown free!
  • We finished decorating the lounge only to have the carpet fitting cancelled at the last minute. With all the furniture secreted around the house and a hard concrete floor, we’ve been stuck in limbo over the weekend until it’s fitted on Tuesday. Which means we have no christmas decorations up and the house is a state. Safe to say, I cried.

Can you see how life got in the way?!

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

15th December 2016 / 8:02 pm

Thanks lovely, I think so but pretty biased right here!! I love yours too – follow it on bloglovin. Thanks for popping by, hope to see you again soon x

1. 17th December 2016 / 10:37 pm

I Think Christmas (and the school holidays) is the perfect time to take a break and get offline for a bit. I do it so I put the phone away and be with the kids. The numbers come back when you do. It’s all fine, and you are full of ideas again and raring to write….#KCACOLS

18th December 2016 / 8:50 pm

I think so too! Have a lovely time away from the laptop and a well-earnt re-charge! Thanks for reading. x

2. 18th December 2016 / 9:00 pm

Ugh life, I know exactly what you mean. After the carpet is fitted you can get everything reorganised and decorated and you will feel wonderful about it all! xx #kcacols

23rd December 2016 / 9:09 pm

It’s in and fitted!! finally we can relax and enjoy Christmas… time to slow down with life I think now! Thanks for reading x

3. 19th December 2016 / 5:48 am

I think it’s the best thing to just have a break once in a while. Hope your family all feel better soon! #KCACOLS

23rd December 2016 / 9:10 pm

I think so too! Thankfully we’re all off now for a week or so so relaxation is on the cards! Thanks for reading x

4. 19th December 2016 / 8:36 pm

It must have been hard to move him into his own room. I still need to move baby girl into hers. She 10 months old but I’m struggling to let her go accross the hall way!. Sounds like a busy week! I’m hoping to take some time off over Christmas xx

Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

Happy Christmas! xx

23rd December 2016 / 9:11 pm

It’s so hard! He seems pretty happy in there but I miss him (even though he’s back in with us most nights from about 4am!!). Feels like a huge step in them growing up though so I don’t blame you at all, if the cot fitted in our room and he slept, he’d still be there. Thanks for hosting! x

5. 22nd December 2016 / 11:52 am

ah life does just get in the way sometimes doesn’t it. and you need to take a break : ) hoping your carpet and house are all looking fab now : ) #KCACOLS

23rd December 2016 / 9:14 pm

They are – well the house still looks a bit scabby but the lounge is looking great. I’m refusing to leave it! Thanks for stopping by! x

6. 22nd December 2016 / 7:22 pm

Good for you, not putting too much pressure on yourself. I’ve done the same with Vlogmas – I missed a couple of days and I’m not really that bothered. I’ve been so poorly with my back and ended up having an operation today – sometimes things just have to give! Sounds like you got a lot done and have had a lot happen in between, so good for you taking a break! #KCACOLS

23rd December 2016 / 10:00 pm

Oh no! How are you feeling now? Definitely, no=one wants to do it just because they HAVE too. Hope you’re feeling a little better and can enjoy the festivities this weekend. Thanks for stopping by x

7. 22nd December 2016 / 9:19 pm

Wow what a busy time, no wonder you didn’t have time to blog. Pen x #KCACOLS

23rd December 2016 / 10:06 pm

It’s been crazy! Hopefully it’ll all slow down over the next week or so! Thanks for reading x

8. 22nd December 2016 / 9:47 pm

Oh wow life does sound pretty busy with you! And I think you’re right, it’s much better to just take a blogging break than to post something half-hearted just for the sake of posting something. x #KCACOLS

23rd December 2016 / 10:07 pm

I think so, thankfully it seems to have worked. All the jobs are done and I’m feeling full of inspiration! Thanks for stopping by x

9. 26th December 2016 / 11:52 pm

Your use of Mr Keating made me chuckle! Who doesn’t love a bit of Ronan! xx

28th December 2016 / 5:29 pm

I know… you’d have to be dead inside not to appreciate his artistry! Thanks for reading x