It’s been a week since my last post. That’s the longest break I’ve taken for the past few months. What happened? Life got in the way.
This last week has been hectic. We’ve experienced some massive highs and some real soul-destroying lows – often simultaneously. Ronan really nailed it when he said “Life is a roller coaster” (classic Ronan…). And amongst all that there just wasn’t time to blog. I wasn’t feeling it. I just couldn’t muster the enthusiasm.
What’s worse than a blogger with no enthusiasm? One that posts anyway. I didn’t want to be that person who forced myself into writing something inane just to fulfil my aim to post daily. So I took a break. Turned off the laptop. Immersed myself in Netflix, our house, my life.
Here’s what’s been going on;
- The baby started crawling. Age 28(+6) weeks, he learnt to go forward. Incredible.
- We got sick; lost voices, snotty noses, coughs and splutters. Sickness level in our household? High.
- We went on (snotty) playdates galore – cousins, friends, baby group babies… the list was endless.
- We visited the Christmas lights. Our local garden centre is renowned for it’s Christmas section. Safe to say it was a sensory overload – all that flashing and twinkling!
- Messy play, baby sensory and swimming lessons – phew!
- The baby moved into his own room. Now he can crawl and pull himself up, the Next To Me crib just isn’t safe. The cot doesn’t fit in our room so the baby moved out. I sobbed and sobbed. The husband was unmoved.
- We attended our first Christening as a family of three when one of my cousins had their little boy Christened. It was lovely to catch up with family on a large scale and trade babies around!
- We went to work for the day – there’s a lot going on with my work at the moment and I needed to go into the office one day this week. With no babysitters on hand, we packed up and spent the morning in various meetings which thankfully were fairly meltdown free!
- We finished decorating the lounge only to have the carpet fitting cancelled at the last minute. With all the furniture secreted around the house and a hard concrete floor, we’ve been stuck in limbo over the weekend until it’s fitted on Tuesday. Which means we have no christmas decorations up and the house is a state. Safe to say, I cried.
Can you see how life got in the way?!