I love a good pudding. Especially in the Winter when you just want a bit of sweet stodge to round off your meal and leave you nicely full, ready for an after dinner doze. On Christmas day, I’m the one helping themselves to a bit of everything; Christmas pudding, apple crumble, profiteroles.. you name it I’m there. This year, we’re hosting on Christmas Eve and I’ve been on the hunt for a pudding that won’t take over the oven. I’ve already got a ham to roast and veggies to prepare. I need something that’s quick, tastes delicious and doesn’t require one of my precious oven shelves! Introducing this Toffee Apple Crumble Pudding, the perfect microwave Christmas pudding for the oven confined chef (aka. me!)
Microwave Toffee Apple Crumble Pudding
This dessert is a mix between a traditional apple crumble base and a syrupy sponge pudding. It’s sweet, stodgy and ideal to round off a roast dinner. The recipe includes pecans which add a lovely touch but aren’t an essential so if you’ve got a nut-avoider, just take them out.
- 100g Butter
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Salt (pinch)
- 200ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Bramley Apples
- 50g Pecans
- 125g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 250ml Boiling Water
- Melt the butter in your microwave for one minute
- In a separate bowl combine the caster sugar, flour, baking powder and salt
- Stir in the milk, beaten egg, butter and vanilla extract. Do this slowly to reduce the lumpiness of your batter!
- Peel and finely slice the apples. Layer these in the base of your dish. Scatter the pecans over the top, if you prefer more of a crumble then crush them first.
- Pour over your batter. Tap the side of the bowl to ensure it filters down between the apple layers.
- Mix the dark sugar with the boiling water to make a syrup. Pour this over the top of your pudding.
- Put in the microwave for 25 minutes (convection oven setting 170 degrees + warm microwave)
- Remove carefully and allow to cool slightly before serving!
Ooh this looks delicious! I love easy desserts that can be made in the micro. Definitely a winter warmer!
I’m a sucker for anything microwaveable! It’s just so easy!
It’s only 10 o’clock in the morning and I want to run home and make it. I’ve lost my baking mojo recently so this is a perfect solution for when I need something sweet. Thanks 🙂
Ahhh I hope you get it back soon! It’s such a great time of year to get in the kitchen!