These easy to make, baby led weaning muffins are simple to prepare and make a great meal for on the go. This baby led weaning recipe for cheese and onion muffins allows you to get plenty of protein into your baby, without them realising! More solid than giving them scrambled eggs or loose pieces of cheese to pick up, these weaning friendly muffins are perfect for little hands to cling on to and can be served warm or cold depending on your preference.
A muffin or fairy-cake tin makes the perfect portion size and a good thickness. This recipe made two muffins of a decent size and were served alongside some buttered toast. Sounds like a great meal doesn’t it!
Baby Led Weaning Cheese & Onion Muffin Recipe
You will need:
- An egg
- A small palmful of grated cheddar cheese
- About a thumbs worth of chopped onion
- Oil/Fry-light (for greasing)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4-5 and lightly wipe or spray the muffin tray with oil
- Combine the egg, cheese and onion in a bowl
- Pour into the muffin tray – this mixture makes two muffins of a decent size
- Cook for 20 minutes until egg is visibly well-cooked and firm but springy to touch
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving!
For more baby led weaning recipes, you can find our favourites here!
Like This Post? Pin It!