Looking for an easy baby led weaning breakfast idea? Try this recipe for banana pancakes. When it comes to weaning, there are certain go to recipes to have in your arsenal. This is one of them. It’s ridiculously simple (to the point that it doesn’t really need a post) and is perfect for all ages. These two ingredient pancakes got my son through breakfast time for the first year of his life. Now he’s a toddler, we still have them every now and again as a break from the normal cereals, fruit or toast. Oh, and of course, the baby can now join in.
I feel like a fraud writing this post because two ingredients hardly warrant a recipe. That said, I’d not heard of them prior to weaning so hopefully it’s useful to someone out there! Remember that you can always add different things to your pancake as your little one grows; blueberries (remember to let them cool), ground oats for a bit more texture or even chocolate chips once they’re old enough!
Like the highchair? You can see our review of the Cosatto Noodle Supa right here!
Banana Pancakes Recipe
You Will Need:
- One ripe banana
- One egg
- Mash your banana until it’s smooth (ish!)
- Beat the egg in with the banana
- Heat a frying pan and coat lightly in oil
- Pour the mixture into the middle of pan, cook over a light heat for a couple of minutes
- Flip with a spatula once the pancake is lightly browned
- Cook for another minute or two
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and serve. Cut into smaller chunks or strips for baby led weaning.
For more baby led weaning recipes, you can find our favourites here, including these delicious banana and blueberry oat bakes
Like This Post? Pin It!