Everyone loves a one-pan recipe, don’t they? I swear a meal tastes ten times better when you can enjoy it safe in the knowledge that the washing up will take seconds rather than hours. Especially if you’re like us and sans-dishwasher *sob*.
This one pan wonder is a family fave that reminds me of home (although my mum adds orange zest… which it seems adds a different twist again). It’s so quick to make, is packed full of flavour and is possibly one of the brightest meals going. Who doesn’t love a meal that’s colourful? Exactly. Clearly we’re on to a winner.
Plus, lets face it, as a nation we’ve all gone a little bonkers for chorizo these days. Cooked or raw, even in soup, I’d happily have it with every meal. Although I’m still not convinced I’m pronouncing it right.
So there you have it; three reasons already why this recipe is going to wind it’s way round your heart as well as your stomach and you’ve not even tasted it yet.
Introducing One Pan Chicken & Chorizo Bake.
Serves 2-3 (for additional people just increase the quantity of veggies!)
You will need:
- 500g boneless chicken (thighs are best for flavour but breast is better for a less oily version)
- 2 red onions
- 2 peppers (any colour)
- 400g small new potatoes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 100g chorizo
- 2tsp oregano
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4
- To prepare the veg: chop the onions and peppers into ‘rustic’ chunks roughly 2cm in size. Slice the new potatoes in half
- To prepare the meat: if using chicken thighs, chop each thigh in half. If using breast, slice each breast into 3-4 pieces. Slice the chorizo into 1cm slices and then halve them
- Add all ingredients to the pan including the oil. Sprinkle the oregano over the top and mix well to ensure an even spread of oil and oregano
- Place into the oven for 40 minutes, checking midway and giving the pan a shake
- Once the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are softened, remove from heat and serve!
Dish it up in a bowl for perfect comfort food!